File a Report

The University's primary concern is the safety of its campus community members. The use of alcohol or drugs never makes the victim at fault for Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence and/or Stalking. Moreover, victims should not be deterred from reporting incidents of Sexual Violence, Relationship Violence and/or Stalking out of a concern that they might be disciplined for related violations of drug, alcohol or other University policies. Except in extreme circumstances, victims of Sexual Violence shall not be subject to discipline for related violations of University policy.

There are several reporting methods available to survivors of an incident:

Reporting to the University

All faculty staff and students may report to the campus Title IX Coordinator any incident of Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, or Sexual Misconduct (e.g., Rape, Acquaintance Rape, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence or Stalking).

After submitting a report, the Title IX Coordinator (or designee) will discuss with you options for interim remedies the University may offer prior to conclusion of an investigation to reduce or eliminate negative impact on you and provide you with available assistance.

If you wish to file a report by submitting a written form, please use the following forms:

Please note that the Title IX Coordinator can assist you with the completion of this form/documentation of the required information via an in person meeting.

Confidential Reporting

Students can receive advocacy and support through the on-campus Student Health and Counseling Services, SDSU’s Sexual Violence Advocate, or off campus advocacy services through the Center for Community Solutions. Students who report instances of sexual violence, will been seen more quickly through our counseling staff.

Criminal Reporting

Reporting to University police and/or local police is an option at any time following a Sexual Violence incident. If you choose not to report to the police immediately, you can still make the report at a later time. Contact us for more information.